X

Tetrix bolivari in Wien

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 25.10.2012 17:26
von Rob (gelöscht)

Dear readers,

I am sorry for not write in your language!

I am planning a recent short visit to Vienna and I would very much like to spend some moments looking for Tetrix bolivari, a species I have never seen before!
In the Netherlands T. ceperoi is common, and I am very interested in the differences between the two species.

Could someone please help me with suggestions where to look for bolivari in the vicinity of Vienna?
I am afraid I have to rely on public transport, so a place as near town as possible would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rob Felix, The Netherlands

nach oben springen

RE: Tetrix bolivari in Wien

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 25.10.2012 22:12
von Toni • 490 Beiträge

Dear Rob Felix!

For my opinion there is only one region, for good places to find Tetrix bolivari.
The Region in the Northern Burgenland. Near Illmitz.
For my self, I have seen this species only in Montenegro.
Some colleages usually visting this site, will tell you some exact places where you can find it.

For my opinion T. bolivari is very similar to T. subulata, and so far I found out, we are not sure, which distinguiashing-marks are the most important.

NG,

Toni

nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 26.10.2012 08:56
von Günther • 2.335 Beiträge

Hello Rob!

I´m not really of Tonis opinion. Of course you can find bolivari on other places apart from the region around the Neusiedler See. For example to the south of Vienna in the "Feuchten Ebene", in the floodplains of the rivers Danube and Morava, in the northern "Weinviertel" or in the "Wiener Prater". And of course, as Toni mentioned, in the region around Illmitz, but this town is about 80 km away from Vienna. In Vienna the best place might be the Wiener Prater. But I´m not sure if it is possible to find this species at the end of October(?). Of course I can give you some coordinates of a finding place of bolivari in the Prater, please write an E-Mail to g.woess@gmail.com.

Especially females of this species are NOT hard to determine when you are aware of the characteristic traits you have to look for.

Best regards,
Günther

zuletzt bearbeitet 26.10.2012 09:17 | nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 26.10.2012 19:56
von Rob (gelöscht)

Thank's a lot Toni and Günther, for your interesting information!
I will first try for the Prater place and will send an e-mail to the address you mention.

Thanks again, and I will keep you updated about my experience.

Best wishes, Rob Felix

nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 27.10.2012 10:27

Hi Rob,

yesterday I read in a paper, that bolivari can usually be found from March to September. So it might be difficult now...
But anyway - never say never (again?)! Good luck!

Günther

nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 06.04.2014 12:30
von boomkrekel • 8 Beiträge

Dear Günther and Toni,

Last weekend I finally made it to the Prater place we are talking about some years ago!

Among some T. subulata, I found this specimen.
Could you please help me with the id?

In Holland I would call the fastigium subulata-like (we only have ceperoi and subulata, which are both very common in The Netherlands).
The pronotum is not really subulata, though...
I really don't know T. bolivari, but could it be that species?

Thanks!

zuletzt bearbeitet 06.04.2014 23:07 | nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 06.04.2014 23:06
von hospiton • 2.719 Beiträge

Hello Rob and welcome back to our forum!

I regret, but your specimen is "only" T. subulata, but you're right, the pronotum is a little bit "bolivari-like". By the way, Toni died last July tragically...

Best regard,

Werner

nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 07.04.2014 14:23

Hello Werner,

Thanks for your reply and identification!
Very sorry to hear that Toni died...

What is the most important character of the specimen on the photo, that directs to subulata?
Is that the shape of the fastigium and the straight underside of the mid femur?

I will dive deeper in all the very interesting information on this forum, about the differences between the different species.
Thanks again, best wishes

Rob

nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 08.04.2014 13:27

Hi Rob,

you are right, the corrugated underside of the mid femur is a good character for bolivari, especially in females (males are a bit harder to determine). In your individual it´s too straight, so it´s subulata. Another thing is the slender shape of the hind femur. In bolivari-females it´s really thick, nearly like in tenuicornis or bipunctata. And - as you mentioned - the shape of the fastigium, which clearly reaches above the upper eye-eye-line in your subulata.

Interestingly, bolivari wasn´t found in the Prater this year so far. Because of the dryness?

Best wishes,
Günther

zuletzt bearbeitet 08.04.2014 13:32 | nach oben springen

in Beobachtungen in Österreich 08.04.2014 13:33

With the

Zitat von Günther im Beitrag #9
which clearly reaches above the upper eye-eye-line in your subulata

Thanks Günther! You mean seen from aside?
Rob

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 175 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2329 Themen und 15008 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 107 Benutzer (01.04.2019 18:48).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen